Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 17

Wow, I am really sleepy.
  • I got Heidi's dress almost done. But then found out I didn't have the right size zipper on hand. Oh well, Wal-Mart is open tomarrow.
  • The girls helped me with dishes today. I have not had them do this very much before because my set up was not child friendly. But, today I got a dish drainer so they can stack the dishes in it to drain. I know, some of you are thinking, "you didn't have a dish drainer? What kid of kitchen was that anyway?" :) We enjoyed working together.
  • The kids felt rather caged up this morning because of the weather, cold and wet, and then they felt at a loss for what to do because I did not want to do school. finally they asked if they could, "just do some school." Makes a mother smile.
  • Dog sitting is going fine. she is a true dog. She refuses to go in the shed that I cleaned out for her. And, more importantly, she thinks the best place for her to lay is in my new flower bed. I even had her food in the shed but she would not eat it in there but left it for the ants to get into. I washed out her dish and put it on the back step and she ate it right away. At least one can count on a dog acting like a dog.
  • I got a catalog from a nursery this week. I am dreaming of what kind of trees to plant in my yard. I am also trying to decide what color and kind of roses to plant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yellow! (Roses) Doing lot of school work now is good.....In the spring it is harder to stay in and work. mom

Abbi said...

I vote for yellow and pink! Bi-colors are pretty fun too. I bet you have lots of options in your zone.

Martha said...

I do, And those are the colors I am leaning toward for sure.